Editor’s Prize in Fiction: $1,000
Judged by Carmen Maria Machado
The winner of the second annual Porter House Review Editor's Prize in Fiction will receive $1,000 and publication. All submitted works will be considered for publication. Porter House Review is dedicated to paying all of our featured writers a competitive rate for accepted works.
Our review seeks to publish fiction that is emotionally affecting, haunting, bizarre, and in firm control of the machinations of storytelling (e.g. character, scene, plot, and momentum). We welcome both traditional short stories, flash fiction, and other hybrid forms.
To submit, please follow these guidelines:
- Limit your submissions to 8,000 words or less (per $10.00 reading fee).
- Submissions should be typed, double-spaced, paginated.
- All entries will be read blind. Before you submit, please remove your name and any other identifying information from your manuscript. (Texas State University students, alumni, and faculty members are not eligible.)
- All work must be submitted through our Submittable portal. We do not accept paper or emailed submissions.
- Please send work that is previously unpublished. Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please immediately withdraw from our contest if you place your work elsewhere.