We publish nonfiction that involves discovery for the reader and the writer, creating a dynamic of mutual construction through literary dialogue. We want your braided, hybrid, lyrical, narrative, and personal essays. Creative nonfiction, flash, and literary reportage are all welcome.
To submit to our nonfiction category, please follow these guidelines:
- Limit your submissions to 4,000 words or less (per $3.00 reading fee).
- Submissions should be typed, double-spaced, paginated.
- Include your name, mailing address, and email address on the first page of your manuscript.
- Please do not submit work that has been previously published.
- All work must be submitted through our Submittable portal. We cannot accept paper or emailed submissions.
All submitted works will be considered for publication. Porter House Review is dedicated to paying all of our featured writers for accepted works.