We seek poetic works that capture experience by reinvigorating the language of the everyday, or surprising readers with novel, rarefied text. We are particularly interested in poetry that champions inventive forms and content.
To submit to our poetry category, please follow these guidelines:
- Limit your submissions to 5 pages or less (per $3.00 reading fee).
- Include the number of poems you are submitting in your submission title.
- Send only one submission per reading period.
- Submissions should be typed and paginated.
- Include your name, mailing address, and email address on the first page of your manuscript.
- Please do not submit work that has been previously published.
- All work must be submitted through our Submittable portal. We cannot accept paper or emailed submissions.
All submitted works will be considered for publication. Porter House Review is dedicated to paying all of our featured writers for accepted works.